The More Situational Awareness for Industrial Control Systems (MOSAICS) Joint Capability Technology Demonstration (JCTD) team cordially invites you to our Virtual Industry Days on the 18th and 19th of May, 2021.
The purpose of the event is to continue the discussion between the government and private sector on how to transition the technologies developed and lessons learned during the MOSAICS JCTD to interested and willing members of the civilian cyber/ICS community. We invite you to submit a description of your product/technology and participate in a series of informative briefings followed by an open discussion.
The More Situational Awareness for Industrial Control Systems (MOSAICS) platform is an intgration of Commercial and Government “Off-the-Shelf” technologies for enhanced situational awareness and defense of industrial control systems associated with task critical assets. The project demonstrates the ability to baseline control system vulnerabilities and semi-autonomously identify, respond to, and recover from asymmetric attacks on critical infrastructure in mission-relevant timeframes.
Operational value to the warfighter:
- Enhance understanding of risk to critical infrastructure and supported operational capabilities
- Detect control system threats faster—from months to minutes
- Improve situational awareness driving real-time decision aids to enable cyber defender response
- Disrupt adversary kill-chain in mission-relevant time
- Limit adversary re-use of attacks through enhanced sharing of indicators and mitigations
- Application of referenced open-system architecture across the Services
Tuesday, 18 May 2021
- Guest speaker, DOD Acting Director for Defense Research and Engineering (DDR&E), Dr. Daniel Ragsdale (invited)
- Guest speaker, Edison Electric Institute (invited)
- MOSAICS Overview
- MOSAICS Field Test #2 Preliminary Results
- Preview of MOSAICS Industry Day #3, Oct 18-20 2021, Washington D.C. (TechConnect)
1330-1415 ET: Utility and ICS Owner/Operator Demand Signal
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), Commissioner Neil Chatterjee (confirmed, time TBD)
- Department of Energy Senior Advisor for National Cybersecurity Policy and Programs, Office of the Chief Information Officer, Amy S. Hamilton (confirmed)
- Tennessee Valley Authority (invited)
1415-1430 ET: Break
1430-1515 ET: Panel Discussion of Utility CISOs, Moderated by Dragos (confirmed)
- Moderator Steve Applegate, CISO, Dragos (confirmed)
- Mikhail Falkovich, Chief Information Security Officer, Con Edison (confirmed)
- Chris Henney, OT Cyber Security Program Manager, Xcel Energy (invited)
- Mark Eakle, Cyber Security and Infrastructure Manager, Chemours (invited)
1515-1615 ET: Security Automation and Orchestration Deep Dive
- Cisco Systems
- Forescout Technologies
- Forcepoint Federal
1615-1630 ET: Break
1630-1730 ET: Virtual Happy Hour
Wednesday, 19 May 2021
1230-1245 ET: Guest speaker, DOD Deputy Principal Cyber Advisor, Rear Admiral William Chase III (confirmed)
1245-1315 ET: Security Automation and Orchestration Deep Dive (continued
1315-1330 ET: Sensors Deep Dive
- Nozomi Networks
1330-1400 ET: Decision Support and Visualization Deep Dive
- Fireye Mandiant
- Booz Allen Hamilton
1400-1415 ET: Data Deep Dive, Data Flow Readers/Log Servers/Forensics Tools
- Fidelis Cybersecurity
1415-1430 ET: Break
1430-1600 ET: Protection Deep Dive, Password Mgt/Encryption/Firewalls
- Lexington Solutions Group
- Q-Net Security Inc.
- Spry Squared Inc.
1600-1615 ET: Integrator Presentations
- Waterleaf International LLC
1615-1630 ET: Break
1630-1730: Open Discussion
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS!
The MOSAICS Joint Capability Technology Demonstration (JCTD) team cordially invites you to our Spring Industry Days on the 18th & 19th of May, 2021. The purpose of the event is to continue the discussion between the government and private sector on how to transition the technologies developed and lessons learned during the MOSAICS JCTD to interested and willing members of the civilian cyber/ICS community.