Naval Base Ventura County
- The Navy’s largest Air and Sea Test Range
- Naval Air and Surface Warfare Center Divisions
- Airborne Command Control and Logistics Wing
- The Air National Guard’s 146th Airlift Wing
EXTRAORDINARY PHYSICAL ASSETS MAKE NBVC UNIQUE:
- Deep-water port
- 36,000 square miles of sea test range
- 125,000 square miles of instrumented sea/airspace
- Mountain-top and island test sites and airfield facilities
- 300 acres of laydown area and 16 miles of rail
- Naval Air and Surface Warfare test, evaluation and engineering support
- Airbase and carrier landing box
- Satellite operations center
The location and capabilities of each command plus the network of regional commands create synergy among their functions and form joint capabilities in critical areas such as test and evaluation, life cycle engineering, training and force mobilization.
Controlled air and sea space, islands, deep-water port, airfields and encroachment-free, diverse terrain give Naval Base Ventura County and local defense organizations the perfect geography that strengthens the capabilities of the commands.
Naval Base Ventura County commands cover the full spectrum to our national security with 80+ military organizations consisting of operational units, operational support, test and evaluation, research and development, force mobilization, lifecycle engineering, virtual/network-centric capabilities and training units.
Interoperability of more than 80 defense organizations and mutually supportive activities, technical expertise and natural resources, combined with a supportive community, creates an important national and local asset that provides a strategic advantage for our national defense.